[ Help ] Purchase Logic Board 2nd hand for MacBook (13-inch, Early 2009) Model: A1181

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Spirit^^, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Spirit^^ macrumors newbie

Hi there guys,

I'm kinda new on the Forum, and hope that this is the right section to post this thread, so I'll just go straight to the point,

As it's mentioned above, I'm looking for a logic board for that model that I got my hands into to, basically from a friend which instead of trying to repair it he just bought a new one. The Macbook was sent to an Apple Support Center to check what was the problem. After several hours they just diagnosed that the logic board was dead, and needed to be replaced.

I've found quite a few models, from what I could understand there are even several different models of Logic Boards compatible with this same one, which is kinda getting me confused.

My main problem is, that I'm pretty much afraid to buy one of those and not be compatible, and wasting some € 's by mistake, as they r kinda high priced even the 2nd hand one's.

Macbook's spec is as follows -> MB 13.3/2.0/2X1GB/120/SD

Remaining components are all in perfect condition.

I was hoping that someone could point/guide me to a " most " certain compatible one, so that I don't screw up by buying a wrong Logic Board.

Sorry for my bad English as well.
    Thanks in advance.

Tiago Gomes

2. Spirit^^ thread starter macrumors newbie