Help purchasing a new LCD TV

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jwpoore, Jun 27, 2009.

1. jwpoore macrumors member

Hello everyone i'm kinda new to this section of the forum so just give me a sec (not sure this is the right place to post this!).
    I'm looking to buy a new TV with a budget of about £400. I will want to wall mount the TV, im not sure if this will make a difference.
    I'm not too bothered if it has built in freeview but that would be a nice extra.
    A MUST for this TV is i would like to be able to connect my MacBook to watch films on it and use my MacBook as the DVD player, if you understand what i mean. I'm hopefully looking at a 28-32" but i would like your knowledge to help me choose which is the best TV on the market for my price band.

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

check out the Samsung LN26B360. its a great tv and in my expereince at Best Buy they are the most successful at hooking up PC's.

3. poopyhead macrumors 6502a

poopyhead

any lcd tv with a hdmi or dvi input will work with your computer without any problem the computer can scale to match the native resolution of the set

you will however need a mini display to hdmi/dvi adapter and a mini toslink/optical digital out to toslink adapter

4. jwpoore thread starter macrumors member

thanks for the replies, how about the Sony Bravias, how are they?