Help Quake 2 OS X Lion

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by irobber, Sep 26, 2012.

1. irobber macrumors newbie

Hey i have a problem i want to play my old cult game "Quake 2" on my mac book pro running OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 can some one help me, with a detailed guide i can understand i have tryed a lot of guides on google but i think they are too old or maby they are too complicated because it dosent work for me.. i really hope someone in here can help me. :) It's really a great game. I own the original copy i bought a loooong time ago.

2. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

Quake II for Mac is a PowerPC application, which are no longer supported (i.e. they won't install or run) under OS X Lion or Mountain Lion. The last version of OS X that included PowerPC support (i.e. Rosetta) was Snow Leopard.

3. chachawpi macrumors member

4. irobber thread starter macrumors newbie

Third party..

Yes i know that i need to use a third party application that can run the game. But i don't understand how to do it..? When i follow the online guides i can find around google.com i can get as far as the game opens, and then i get a video card error.. So i am looking for a working solution and i really hope that someone in here, maby a ultra Mac G33k can help me, because it's a problem you cant get help to other places on the internet and deffenetly not in the retail stores.