Help: Question about iPhone/iTunes

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by neonkru, Sep 23, 2010.

1. neonkru macrumors regular

:D

Well, me and my girlfriend are both getting an iPhone. However i'm paying for both phones and both will be in my name. Can i use iTunes store to buy an app and be able to have the app working in both iPhones at the same time?

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

If both phones are set up with the same iTunes account then yes.

3. neonkru thread starter macrumors regular

what does that mean? i know that i can authorize up to 5 computers to use my itunes store account. Can i and another person share the same apps in 2 different computers? or does it really need to be synched in the same itunes program in same computer?

4. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

if you and your girlfriend share one itunes account you'll be fine. if you have separate accounts then you will have to purchase the apps individually.

if the two computers physically share the same library you'll be fine also.

5. neonkru thread starter macrumors regular

what a pain having to share the same library. shouldn't she be able to just download the already purchased apps and have whatever she wants in her computer only? that would make things easier

6. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

It seems like Home Sharing would be quite useful for you.

7. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

this too. :)

the only thing to consider is that both computers have to on the same network and awake.

8. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

Yes, that's true.

It works great here. You can tell Home sharing to automatically transfer purchases (apps & songs) to the other computer (and sync with the other phone) too.

9. neonkru thread starter macrumors regular

well i don't have an itunes account neither she has. but i got an iphone and she will be getting one too, so being this possible we will definetly share an account. unfortunately we don't live in same home so that home sharing won't be possible but as long as i can link up to 5 computers to the itunes store account i guess that will work absolutely fine, that way i can have my own library and she has her own library. i don't know if it makes a difference but i use a mac and she uses a pc.

so i read that i can authorize up to 5 computers to my account. does the iphone count as a computer? if yes i guess apple should change it up to 5 devices so that no one misunderstand it. thank you for your replies =)

10. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

No, it doesn't. Apple doesn't want to prevent people from buying dozens of iPods, iPads and iPhones. :p

By the way, this guy shows a way to turn on Home sharing over the internet. I haven't tried it though.