help quick! (Disk Problems)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by twoodcc, May 23, 2007.

1. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

ok, i used disk utility to verify my hard drive in my MBP (15") and it said that it needed repair. so i put in the install disk and booted from it. used disk utility to repair the disk, and it said that it couldn't repair it. now i can't boot up on my hard drive anymore! :eek:

should i go ahead and repartition the drive, or should i take it like it is to the Apple store tonight? please respond quick so i can take it tonight if i need to.

thanks in advance

2. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

As long as you're under warranty I'd take it to the Apple store, you can't be too careful with a $2000 machine and your data.

Follow up question: if you're under warranty is there a charge to bring in a machine to the Apple store?

3. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

yeah, that's what i was thinking. i guess i better bring it in, just to be safe.

afaik, there is no charge to take in your machine

4. 2fives macrumors regular

But on the other hand if the drives screwed or you botched up the OS somehow then trying to reinstall the OS isn't gonna make it any worse.

5. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

that's right. but instead of wasting time trying to reinstall, i think i'll take it and see what they say.

6. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

well i took it in, and apparently i have to reinstall. it's not a hardware issue (or at least not at this point). but, better safe than sorry