Help re downloading app

Discussion in 'iPad' started by PJ., Sep 25, 2012.

1. PJ. macrumors regular

Hello,

I purchased Fifa 13 today and after downloading most of the way it said it didn't have enough room so I deleted some apps but it hung so I deleted it with the view to re downloading it. Now when I go to the App Store it instead of install it says open, but it won't open as it isn't on my iPad and pressing it does nothing.

Thanks,

PJ

2. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    When I have app problems, I do a hard reset of my iPad and try again. So far it's worked out.

3. PJ. thread starter macrumors regular

Hello,

Do you mean press the on off button with the home button for several seconds until it reboots? If so tried that and it didn't sort it, thanks for posting though, worth a try :)

Wish I knew what to do, I am hopeless it sleeping when I got something niggling me however small and not important!

PJ

4. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Well, that's a bummer given the price of the app. Makes me wonder if you still need to delete more. EA doesn't give any specifics as to the size of the app.

Maybe try customer support at EA (good luck on that one) or Apple? Or try to get your money back and start with a clean slate?

Hope you find a solution.

5. macking104 macrumors 6502

macking104

Are you downloading it directly to the iPad, or to your computer through iTunes, then syncing...

6. PJ. thread starter macrumors regular

Direct from iPad ... Tried going back to previous back up via pc but still says open as if it is there on iPad. Guess I will have to call Apple tomorrow and no doubt they will say call EA and so on!

PJ

7. Pharmscott macrumors 6502a

Pharmscott

I had an app fail to install like that. When syncing to my Mini, I could see that I had gigs (plural!) of "Other" so I knew that the partially downloaded, but not installed app, was the culprit.

Can you sync the iPad to a computer? If so, try that. Then, delete the app from iTunes on the computer. Then, resync again. Last, re-download the app via iTunes. Good luck!

8. PJ. thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you. According to iTunes I haven't got it so I downloaded if and left it downloading and will try again when I get back :)

9. PJ. thread starter macrumors regular

Update. I downloaded it via iTunes, synced it but still not on. I then untucked it which deleted it (according to iTunes) and then was finally able to download it.

Thanks for your help guys. I wonder if it is a bug in the App Store as in previous iOS you couldn't open an app from the store so I wonder if that was the cause.

PJ