Help Re iTunes Music Library restore

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Scepticalscribe, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Scepticalscribe, Nov 4, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2010

Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Having read the thread guidelines, a sticky posted on the iPod section suggested that iTunes related queries should be posted here.

My problem is this: A few weeks ago, the (not over-worked at all) HD of my two and a half year old MBP crashed completely. Fortunately, I have Applecare, so the HD was replaced without any difficulty and free of charge, and returned reasonably rapidly. (First moral of the story: Applecare is Good).

However, all of my data, and perhaps equally upsetting, my entire iTunes collection (not far off 6,000 songs) has also vanished into the ether of cyberspace. (Did I have anything backed up? Um, no. Second moral of the story: Back-ups are Good).

Anyway, I have the entire music collection on two iPods, a classic (80GB) and a iTouch (64GB). My problem is how to restore this collection to iTunes, as synching either of them at present may result in the further obliteration of the music collection.

So, fellow denizens of MR, advise me please: What is the best way to attempt to restore - from an iPod to iTunes - a prized music collection? Senuti has been mentioned; is it recommended, and what does it entail? It was also suggested to me that I use the Classic for this attempted restoration, rather than the Touch. Any thoughts on that? Any advice or thoughts are very welcome. Thanks in advance for your contributions.

Cheers

2. Scepticalscribe thread starter Contributor

Scepticalscribe

I have changed the thread title to make it clearer; basically, if anyone knows how to restore an iTunes music library that vanished with a HD crash, I'd be very grateful to learn of it. Thanks in advance.

Cheers