Help re-jailbreaking 3GS

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Makaveli6103, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Makaveli6103 macrumors 6502

I have my 3.1.2 SHSH on file with saurik and updated to 3.1.3 to restore my iphone because my home button broke. I just got home from the apple store and when I put it DFU mode to restore to my custom IPSW I keep getting error 1600. I have search all over google and nothing is working. Any suggestions?

2. Makaveli6103 thread starter macrumors 6502

3. mreddys10 macrumors regular

You have to downgrade to 3.1.2 using saurik's method first:

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=7557

After that, you can use redsnow/blackra1n to jailbreak. Afther this, you can use a custom firmware and put the phone into recovery mode and load the custom firmware. Note: This does not downgrade your baseband, so you will not be able to unlock it.

4. Makaveli6103 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea i already modified my hosts file. I will us redsnow instead of restoring in iTunes with my custom IPSW

5. mreddys10 macrumors regular

Have you downgraded to 3.1.2 already?

6. Makaveli6103 thread starter macrumors 6502

It says at the bottom of that iClarified " If you get error message 1015 repeat the entire restore then jailbreak after it fails the second time."

So after I get the second 1015 error do I then run redsnow? and what mode will the iphone be in, recovery or dfu?

7. Makaveli6103 thread starter macrumors 6502

I downgraded to 3.1.2 after following I clarified instructions but when I jailbreak with redsnow it won't activate with ATT and I have no signal! I'm sick of my regular iPhone. Is there a fix for this because i tried with blackra1n and same thing happened.

8. luvu01 macrumors regular

try pwnage tool. if it does not work then nothing else work. anyway when you try to downgrade. iphone always has some issue.

9. mreddys10 macrumors regular

luvu01 is right. Make a custom firmware with pwnage tool, and select 'activate' and then try it (I am not sure whether you have to select 'activate' or deselect it since if you select it, the phone will get hacktivated).

Worst case scenario, you can just restore back to 3.1.3 through iTunes and wait for new jailbreak tools to be released.

10. Makaveli6103 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea I have tried every which way to get this to work. I made a new custom IPSW and made sure activate was checked but still it will not activate. This is driving me crazy and I really am hating my iPhone non jailbroken, I am so use to backgrounding and proswitcher. Can you guys think of another way to get it to activate?

Also, is there a specific reason why it wont activate? And its my understanding they don't care about jailbreaking 3.1.3 and will wait til 4.0.

11. Makaveli6103 thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't know how I did it but I got it restored back to 3.1.2. I got it back activated under 3.1.2 without jailbreaking it some how last night. I then ran redsnow and it worked! thanks for you help.

Now it is asking for me to update my carrier settings. I am using AT&t 5.5 right now with 3.1.2 and 5.12.01. Should I do this?

12. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

If you are on AT&T carrier settings are safe. Needed for SMS settings.

13. mreddys10 macrumors regular

Do you mind sharing with us how u solved the activation problem?

14. spotsphill macrumors regular

Yes. Please share. I'm in the same boat and I'm out of options...

15. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Your problem is that you were trying to hacktivate your phone and then use it on AT&T. People with AT&T SIMS should be sure to UN-check 'activate' in both PwnageTool and Redsn0w. The 'activate' checkbox is for people who do not have valid AT&T SIMS only.

16. spotsphill macrumors regular

Activate was not an option when running Redsn0w. I only included "install cydia"

The problem I'm having is that I can't get the stupid phone out of the recovery loop! I can JB it via blackra1n, but then it gets no service. nothing I do can get it out of the recovery loop (ie - i cannot actually finish activation!)

17. yentrog31 macrumors regular

yentrog31

you've done the hard part...getting to 1015 error...this is from a tutorial.
    ...now you have to jumpstart the boot and get out of recovery...link below

1015 Error Fix:

1. First off, make sure you are getting error 1015 in itunes and not some other random one. After confirming, close itunes.(leave iphone plugged in with connect to itunes screen showing)

{2. download this old quickpwn file:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3zzmt5z...

3. extract it and run quickpwn. You should get a box saying something like 'your phone needs to be powered on, please hold the home button and sleep\wake button for 15 seconds'. Just do what it says- EXACTLY. When you see the apple logo, press OK. A blue box will appear after, just press OK to that as well.

4. Your phone should now boot normally. when it does,CLOSE QUICKPWN, IT IS NOT USED TO JAILBREAK}

18. spotsphill macrumors regular

Thanks for the response and I'm excited to try this. The link you provided is broken. Is there another link!?

19. yentrog31 macrumors regular

yentrog31