Help Re Samsung SCX-3405W Printer

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by iPENTAX, May 27, 2013.

1. iPENTAX macrumors newbie

Hi,

The Samsung software provided with the SCX-3405W Wireless Printer is useless and does not work, it was unable to even locate the printer. I finally managed to get the printer working by installing the latest Samsung Drivers via Apple, this got the printer and scanner working, but only by USB.

Samsung customer care/technical help are totally useless, they even reply with 'do-not reply' emails! The email they sent me advised me to connect the printer to my Router using a network lead, the fact that this printer does not have a network socket...............
    Samsung Registration process was unable to recognise the product or save my registration details!

I was planning to buy a Samsung TV, but not after this performance!

One strange thing, I have installed a number of printers to my iMac, Canon, Lexmark, Epson, each time the iMac automatically downloaded and installed the latest drivers etc, but my iMac totally ignored the Samsung when it was connected!

Will some kind soul please provide me with step by step instructions on how to connect the printer to my iMac OS x10.8.3?

Best regards to all
    iPentax

2. skorpien macrumors 68020

3. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

Return it and get yourself an Epson Workforce WF-3520 instead. Does everything the other printer does, plus it prints from your iPhone/iPad and Mac without any software, and according to Epson its operation costs are 40% less than those of color lasers.
    [​IMG]