Help reccomend me a ipod/phone system for my dorm

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Fenir, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Fenir macrumors regular

Hello, thanks for looking at this. I will have a dorm all to myself this year and would like to purchase an iPod system. I know there are tons out there, so I'll list what I'm looking for and willing to pay and hopefully some people can throw out some ideas.

Needs to have:
    A Dock
    Clock, easy to read and backlit (so can see at night)
    Alarm...doesn't nec. have to play the ipod as the alarm, good ol' buzzer is fine
    Sounds great (obviously)
    ~ Max $150

Preferred:
    Native iPhone support (so don't have to turn on airplane mode and miss calls)
    Looks really cool
    Aux input

Optional:
    FM/AM Antenna
    Bluetooth
    Built in CD/DVD player

I really, really like the sound of the sony CPF-IP001 however it doesn't have a clock or alarm feature and I would rather not have an ipod system and an alarm clock. I also saw a sony CMTBX50BTi at Sams club, seems alright, but i don't recall if that has a clock or alarm ( i suppose i could use my phone as an alarm though). Right now, I am looking at the Sony ICF-C1IP. Has the features I want and sounds great and has a great price. I know I just listed three sony's, but it does not have to be a sony. Just a coincidence all the ones I listed were.

Thanks for the advice!

Thanks in

2. maelstromr macrumors 6502

maelstromr

So this is obviously a fairly old post, but you may have noticed back in august there wasn't much in ther iphone compatible realm. Now Bose just released the sounddock II with native iphone support, and Logitech has also released a few well received docks. I think I'm going to run with the Bose, it's pricey at $299, but you really can't beat the quality and it looks pretty damn cool too.