Help reducing eye strain while using imac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Jae Hokes, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Jae Hokes, Sep 5, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2011

Jae Hokes macrumors regular

Hey guys i love being on my computer and playing my Call of Duty on my Xbox 360 but lately ive been having eye strain that stops me fron being able to play and is very uncomfortable - how can i reduced the strain on my eyes? Does anybody have the same problem? Please help! (and please dont say "dont go on it" im talking about brightness setting or something that helps reduce eyestrain)

2. obsidian1200 macrumors 6502

obsidian1200

I sometimes get eye strain issue when I'm skyping and have the brightness higher than what I'm used to. If you can turn down the brightness, that might help. If you're already using your iMac with minimum brightness, like I am, check out the program Shades, which will make the screen appear less bright, although it doesn't make the backlight any dimmer. Just be a little careful with the limitations you set on the program; my mom downloaded it for her old iMac and got stuck with a blank screen. It took about 15 minutes of blind clicking to find the controls and fix the program XD

Also, if you can, avoid working in dark rooms when using any backlit screen, as that will help reduce eyestrain.

Edit: ha, small world. I lived in Coralville and Davenport for a good chunk of my life.