Help regarding deleting email!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by phmm69, Sep 6, 2015.

1. phmm69 macrumors newbie

phmm69

We are using an iPad 2, MacBook Air and iMac with no problems with email. However Mum's new MacBook is causing a wee problem regarding getting rid of email. She is on a btinternet account and no matter how many times she puts the mail in trash when she logs back on the mail that she thought she had deleted is still there. I have tried to sort it out by following suggestions about POP etc but to no avail - what am I doing wrong or can someone give me the dummy proof solution. Many thanks

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Have you tried logging in to the web console for the email account. I've not been with bt for a while but there was an option to keep a copy on the server which caused issues with some mail clients

3. metier, Sep 6, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2015

metier macrumors member

under the account settings advanced you should have an option to delete the mail from the server when it's downloaded.
    Open up mail click on Mail - Preferances - choose your account - click on advanced - put check mark in remove copy from server after retrieving message

4. phmm69 thread starter macrumors newbie

phmm69

5. phmm69 thread starter macrumors newbie

phmm69

Thank you will give that a go sorry for being stupid about these things your help is much appreciated