iPad Help regarding exchange with Apple

Discussion in 'iPad' started by DMoggo, Nov 6, 2013.

1. DMoggo macrumors regular

I'm getting pretty afraid to ask a question on this forum due to the harshness of some of the replies but will take the risk :)

My iPad Air has slight yellowing on the left of the screen. If in 2 months time this issue appears resolved can an exchange be made then or is it 14 days or bust on this issue?

Many thanks for your considered replies :)

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

14 day is return for refund period.

Your 1-year warranty should cover screen issues, though yellowing is a bit of a gray area, so it might be worth doing a swap out sooner than later.

3. eggersj macrumors 6502

eggersj

Hi Dmoggo

I'll try to keep this as nonharsh as possible... :D

The one I got was perfect, no yellowing at all.

Therefore, I'd take it back and exchanginge it. Apple employees always say that they want you to be happy, and should give you no hassle whatsoever. For the price, I would totally take it back for a new one if I was unhappy.

Also, just make sure to open at the store and check the screen for yourself before you take it home. Several members here have had good luck doing this.

Good Luck!

4. nanogirl21 macrumors 6502a

nanogirl21

Yup it will be no problems to take it back to the store. You have 1 year manufacture warrenty and hopefully Apple Care+. However, I recommend taking it back now. If it is yellow... 90% of the time it will still be yellow in 2 days... 2 weeks... 2 months... 2 years from now. Just go ahead and take it back and get a new one now. They are not going to give you any problems for it.