[HELP] Remove traces of removed packages

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Jarrod.Strachan, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Jarrod.Strachan macrumors newbie

Hi, thankyou for taking your time and looking at this thread.
    I appreciate all answers!

This is not a serious problem, nor is it a problem at all, its just something that gets on my nerves a tiny bit. I installed MyWi and it auto-installed Rock, but I didnt like them, so I deleted the packages VIA Cydia. The packages were removed Successfully (According to Cydia). But now they still show up on SBSETTINGS, when trying to hide icons, and if I try to hide them, it crashes my iPhone, and as I have a week 47, it has the new iBoot, so I have to go through the Jailbreaking process.

(Please Note, MyWi and Rock dont show up on the springboard, but SBSETTINGS thinks its still there, and it crashes my phone if I try to do anything with it.) l (I know its a little pathetic, but I want my iPhone to be as Clean and smooth as possible)

Sooo, if you did read that, my question is as follows:
    How do I remove traces of Rock and MyWi?

Thankyou for your time!

Jarrod.Strachan

2. ste1164 macrumors 6502a

ste1164

Uninstall SBsettings and try to re install it?

3. Jarrod.Strachan thread starter macrumors newbie

Hello, thanks for your reply, but SBSETTINGS was installed after i Installed/Removed MyWi and Rock. So it is not just cache from SBSETTINGS, it has to be traces left after removal. However, I will try just to be sure :)

Thankyou!

----l Re-Post l----

Heres what I did:
    1. Open Cydia
    2. Tapped 'Manage'
    3. Tapped 'Packages'
    4. Scrolled down to 'SBSETTINGS'
    5. Tapped Modify, then Remove
    6. Then Downloaded & Installed again

So that did not work, any other ideas people?

Thankyou!

Jarrod.Strachan

4. Jarrod.Strachan thread starter macrumors newbie