Help removing a phone from an iCloud account

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ssledoux, Jan 9, 2017.

1. ssledoux macrumors 6502

ssledoux

I sold my 6+ and the guy who purchased it said it is still linked to my iCloud account? What does that mean and how do I find the devices in my account and get it removed?

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

3. Brandonjr36 macrumors 6502a

Make sure you get it removed for the guy tho. Cause if you don't he basically has a paperweight.

4. Mosaab Inc Suspended

Mosaab Inc

its simple , First if you haven't reset you Iphone you should do this
    if you won't here is how can you remove your icloud id
    1. Open the Settings app and go to “iCloud”
    2. Scroll down under all the settings to find “Delete Account” (or “Sign Out”) and tap on that
    3. Confirm the removal of the iCloud account from the device by tapping on “Delete” or “Sign Out
    Note : this removes all documents that are from iCloud from the phone or iPad, but not from iCloud itself. Whether or not you want to save contacts and calendar data is up to you.

Once the iCloud account has been removed from the device, you’re left with a blank iCloud login. Here you can either create a new Apple ID and accompanying iCloud account, or change to another iCloud account.

5. sven691103 macrumors newbie

Go to iCloud.com, log into your account, click on find my iPhone, the compass appears and the system is looking for the devices, then click on all devices on the top, click on your phone (make sure it's offline) and click 'remove from account' on the bottom

6. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

hmmm suspended

should at least give credit to people you quote