Help Removing an Installer

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Xenden, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Xenden macrumors regular

I'm trying to get rid of an installer for a program called justcloud on my dad's mac mini. I've done some looking around in the system files and don't really see anything that looks like it. I've read some people just instal justcloud and then use the uninstaller that is built in to the program. I'd like to avoid that if possible.

Thanks for any help that can be given.

2. Taz Mangus macrumors 68040

Taz Mangus

According to the justcloud website: http://www.justcloud.com/uninstall-help
    Just drag the application from the /Aplications folder to the trash, empty the trash and it is uninstalled.

3. Xenden thread starter macrumors regular

I can't find the installer to delete it. I've looked through the system's files somewhat and i just don't see anything that could be the installer.

It is hidden somewhere, because every now and then a notification will show up asking if you want to install justcloud. It isn't a browser pop up though.

4. Taz Mangus macrumors 68040

Taz Mangus

Why not just pose the question to the people at justcloud. Send them an e-mail and ask them how to solve the situation.

5. Xenden thread starter macrumors regular

Hmm, didn't think of that, but i don't know if i'd trust a company that hides their installer to tell the truth in a way that actually gets rid of the whole installer. Lol