Help Removing an Unwanted Application

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sxl95, Jun 28, 2007.

1. sxl95 macrumors member

When I got my brand new MacBook Pro 2.2, I used the wizard to transfer my preferences and files from my old iBook G3. While it didn't transfer most applications, it did transfer Norton Antivirus, which I don't want.

I don't know, but I am afraid that having that old PPC app might be slowing things down, as my machine isn't lightning fast, like I thought it would be.

Does anyone know how I can remove it from my Intel Mac. I don't think I saw it in the Applications folder, so I am a little lost on how to do it. Also, I am planning on doing a clean OS X install eventually, without extra apps I don't want, and was wondering how to best transfer my preferences, music (some of which is not in my home directory), and settings from the old PowerPC Mac to the new one. Or should I start completely clean for optimal performance.

-Sam

2. matthew24 macrumors 6502

matthew24

3. DeathAxe macrumors newbie

DeathAxe

4. sxl95 thread starter macrumors member

I'm not on the machine right now, so I can't check to see what is running.

Also, do you think the transferring of so many things from my old Mac is slowing down my new Mac?

I want to transfer my settings and music, but also don't want there to be a lot of waste on the new machine.

Any other easy way to do this? Should I start from scratch? Should I manually move PLIST files? Any way to customize the transfer when running a clean install for the 1st time?

Also, I think I have version 9 on there. Now I need to ask myself why I had antivirus on an OS that didn't need it!

-Sam