help removing app

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by aykkiedis, May 1, 2015.

1. aykkiedis macrumors newbie

Hi, i don't know if this is the best place to post this but, i recently installed an app called cammask virtual webcam, and when i decided to remove it, there was one thing that i couldn't remove, that is explained on the image i inserted, do you know how to remove that stuff? thanks.

( if the image doesn't appear here is the link http://postimg.org/image/u0nvdgusp/ )

Attached Files:

2. aaagat111 macrumors regular

aaagat111

To remove all related files that get installed when you run an application, aside from deleting the .app file from your Applications folder, I would try and use an app uninstaller.

AppCleaner is the utility I use. It shows you all related files (which include preference pane installs, plist files, etc) that got created when you were using the app, and allows you to remove them. It is a good practice to get into, when removing applications, to not leave around extra files on your machine.

Let me know this is in the right direction.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you elect to use such apps, be aware that in most cases, app removal software doesn't do a thorough job of finding and removing files/folders related to deleted apps. For more information, read this and this. If you just want to delete the app, drag the .app file to the trash. No other software needed. If you want to completely remove all associated files/folders, no removal apps will do the job.
    The most effective method for complete app removal is manual deletion:

4. aaagat111 macrumors regular

aaagat111

Very true. Thank you for the complete solution to this.

5. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

The developer most likely describes on their website on how to delete it, or at least what was installed so you can find it.

6. aykkiedis thread starter macrumors newbie

solved

I tried to remove it by app cleaner but it didn't fully removed the program, so i sent an email to the support of cam mask and they sent me this locations:

/Library/CoreMediaIO/Plug-Ins/DAL/CamMaskVideoDevice.plugin
    /Library/CoreMediaIO/Plug-Ins/FCP-DAL/CamMaskVideoDevice.plugin
    /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.cammask.videodevice.daemon.plist

i deleted the files and it worked.
    Thanks for spending your time trying to help me :)