Help removing cloudconverter!

jeditor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2016
Hello all! So we tried to download a font and all this crazy stuff self installed including coloudconverter and it has changed our home screen. I don't see anything resembeling cloudconverter in the more tools>extensions.

Here is a photo of what the chrome homepage looks like...

Any suggestions?

Attachments

ApfelKuchen

macrumors 68040
Aug 28, 2012
Between the coasts
Hello all! So we tried to download a font and all this crazy stuff self installed including coloudconverter and it has changed our home screen. I don't see anything resembeling cloudconverter in the more tools>extensions.

Here is a photo of what the chrome homepage looks like...

Any suggestions?
Start with MalwareBytes (malwarebytes.com/mac).

You may also need to go into your browser settings (for each browser) to change the home page and/or default search engine. You may also need to go into browser Extensions and delete unwanted extensions.

There's no such thing as a free lunch - the "crazy stuff" paid the provider of the free font to get their stuff installed on your computer.

jeditor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2016
Start with MalwareBytes (malwarebytes.com/mac).

You may also need to go into your browser settings (for each browser) to change the home page and/or default search engine. You may also need to go into browser Extensions and delete unwanted extensions.

There's no such thing as a free lunch - the "crazy stuff" paid the provider of the free font to get their stuff installed on your computer.
That's not the issue I was having.

Last edited by a moderator:

ddmcnair

macrumors member
Apr 25, 2011
I would suggest running Dr. Cleaner (free). Uninstall Chrome, Dr. Cleaner will ask if you want to deeply install, say yes, then use Safari of Firefox, or if you insist Chrome (which I call Crummy).