Help Removing NEO OFFICE!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Mikebike125, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Mikebike125 macrumors 6502

Mikebike125

I had neo office on my mac a few months ago and thought I deleted it and have replaced it with Microsoft office. My problem is that when I receive emails with .doc files as attachments the computer still shows the neo office icon and tries to open it with that program and then tells me that the program is not there. I tried associating all the files but there are still remnants of new office left on my computer. How can I find and remove what it left of new office and have my computer associate all .doc files with Word??

Very Frustrated.

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I'm not sure how to completely remove NeoOffice, but you can at least reassociate the files.

Select a .doc file in Finder, right-click, and Get Info. There should be a section called something like "Open With", and this will be set to NeoOffice. Drop down the menu and change it to Word, then click on the "Change All" button to make it the default.

3. Mikebike125 thread starter macrumors 6502

Mikebike125

Thanks, I'll give that another try. Looks like my first attempt didn't take.

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Ah, I didn't notice that you'd tried it. Definitely give it another go; I've run into situations where reassociating doesn't work properly and sometimes it takes a second try (no idea why!)

It's probably a good idea to check that you've done both .doc and .docx as both types are used by Word.