Help Removing Plugins in FCE...

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Patrick327, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Patrick327 macrumors newbie

I have a little issue that's bothering me to no end. I installed the trial version of Magic Bullet Looks today. It didn't seem to work with FCE and installed a Final Cut Pro Support folder in my Application Support folder. There was a tab in FCE for Magic Bullet under Video Filters, though. Anyways, I trashed everything having to do with Magic Bullet Looks and figured that would be the end of it. However, I started FCE up again only to find that the Magic Bullet tab was still under Effects>Video Filters even though everything was deleted. That really bothers me a lot.

I looked through everything and there are no files related to Magic Bullet on my computer. I checked under spotlight several times. I even uninstalled FCE and reinstalled it and it's still there. I don't know if it was a fully clean reinstall or not because I simply trashed the files related to FCE (which still feels weird to me even though I've been using a Mac for almost a year) and then reinstalled it.

Here's a screen grab to show what I'm saying:

[​IMG]

If anybody has any idea how to remove this tab, please let me know. I'm really weird about this kind of thing and it bothers me so much to have a useless tab on there. You can tell by the time the shot was taken that it's keeping me up at night.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Patrick

2. Patrick327 thread starter macrumors newbie

Nevermind, I got it. There was an FxPlugin folder elsewhere on my computer with a folder called Looks3. I deleted that. Problem solved. Weird that spotlight wouldn't find it.