Help Reorginizing room

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Aranince, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Aranince macrumors 65816

Ok, here is my current room(Ignore the ugly PC. Will be replaced in the future with a MacBook) Sorry about the mess. Hence the reason for reorganization.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ok here is my plan. I am going to get rid of the desk my compute is currently on. Move my dresser to where my computer desk currently sits. I will move the TV/Wii to the corner on my dresser. I then will purchase this IKEA desk(As seen in use here). That IKEA desk will be placed parallel to the window. Then I will put portable (two towers) plastic drawers under my desk.

Currently all of my stuff is scattered around my desk unorganized and crazy feeling. I'll be able to put all of that stuff away and hidden in drawers. Hoping that it will make me less stressed.

Pros are:
    1) More organized, less messy. This is a big one.
    2) Much easier to play the Wii because of the distance.
    3) Better looking :cool:
    4) I can stretch my eyes by looking outside.

The downsides to this
    1) I live in California, the window is facing North-East. In the summer, the sun is brutal shining directly into that window. The blinds to a pretty good job of blocking it. Also, if I'm planning to get a MacBook, if the sun is really that bothersome I can just go to another room.

2) The height of the new desk isn't quite typing level. Anyone have experience with the height of this desk and how comfortable it is with a mouse y keyboard?

Also, any other input would be great!

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I recently rearranged my room and to get a feel of how the space was going to be used I made a mockup of it in Google's sketchup, really helped visualise the space.

3. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

I used graph paper and cut-outs of my furniture to help me plan out my rearrangement, so I highly recommend this as well.

Be sure to account for drawer openings, door swinging range, and things of that nature.

Also, putting your bed up against a wall can create more continuous space, which might add to the feeling of "openness" in your room. :)

4. jng macrumors 65816

jng

I have this desk in black. Would never buy it again. The top scratches pretty damn easily. Get a glass top or a giant mat to put on top of it. Esp. if you are normally that messy.

As for typing, it's actually fine. Just get a proper chair that has an adjustable height.

Also, the HELMER metal cabinets are cool and pass very easily under it but I think two would be much. You'd then have to squish yourself into the middle of your desk.

As for you room, the best thing you can do for it is to clean it!