Help repairing Hard Drive

evangelion-01

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 6, 2006
Hello guys, When i first got my macbook i installed bootcamp and windows xp, but after a while win xp started to be windows xp and crapped on me, so i deleted it and created 1 mac os partition to reinstall win xp again, i did that because i also wanted to make the partition smaller, but now that i want to recreate the windows partition with bootcamp i get an error and it tells me to run disc utility to fix it, so i did and with "verify disk permissions" and "repair disk permissions" fixed somethings, but when i try to do "verify disk" it gives me some errors and it wont repair, heres a screenshot.

what can i do :(?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
It's because you can't repair the disk you're booted from. You can either boot from the OSX discs and use the bundled Disk Utility from there or you can run fsck. :)

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Gone but not forgotten.
mad jew said:
It's because you can't repair the disk you're booted from. You can either boot from the OSX discs and use the bundled Disk Utility from there or you can run fsck. :)
It's also possible that Disk First Aid/fsck won't repair it, which it should do on boot anyway.

Hopefully, it's not one of those things that requires a third party tool.