HELP! Replaced 3G screen now phone speaker won't work!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by countpichula, Dec 21, 2010.

1. countpichula macrumors newbie

so...i replaced my screen. had some issues with the digitizer. opened it again and got it working. now i got a call and i picked it up...and can't hear a dam thing? I can play music, get text alerts? everything else?
    I know it must be one of those THREE wires ( I.E. when i closed it the first time the digitizer/ touch screen what have you wire came out )
    If not that can anyone help me? I need my phone for work and can find anything so far? also i don't want to crack it open again without knowing what to look for? thanks in advanced also. i'm new here.

Sincerely,
    countpichula

2. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

It's the one where there si a clamp, you have likely forgotten to "clamp it down"

3. countpichula thread starter macrumors newbie

AWESOME! no sadly i clamped it i just don't think i got it in their all the way. I didn't at the time but it wouldn't budge any further. it was a pain in the ass to get in their...Thanks so much!

4. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

yeh that one was a pain, you had to push the cable in as far as it goes, then you can clamp it/

5. countpichula thread starter macrumors newbie

how far is all the way in? i pushed it till it stopped but that still leaves a small bit of the plug sticking up? i can't push it in any more? any pics? ways to tell

6. countpichula thread starter macrumors newbie

ok so i have figured out via a post on Hackintosh that my connector is not going in all the way. as in it must slid in UP TO THE WHITE LINE WITH THE ARROW ABOVE IT. Any suggestions on why i am going into such resistance?