Help!!!! Replaced hard drive, but not recognized??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by YoNadz, Jul 21, 2009.

1. YoNadz macrumors regular

I replaced the hard drive in my new 13" MacBook pro with the Seagate 500gb 7400rpm. I rebooted with the OS startup disk and selected utilities and restore system from back up. Then I selected my external hard drive which has my time machine backup on it. Well the next windo says "select the volume where you want to restore your system" but my 500gb drive is not listed there. WTF!?!? please help!!

2. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

Wirelessly posted (BB 8900: BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.250 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/301)

Where did you get the drive from (ie retail, oem, pulled from external, etc)?

3. YoNadz thread starter macrumors regular

Newegg. From thus screen is there any way to search to see if the 500gb is recognized?

4. miiles macrumors regular

Do you have an external that you could test to see if the HDD was DOA?

5. YoNadz thread starter macrumors regular

No I don't. The MacBook is my only computer. This is pissing me off. Any other ideas?? I guess the next step would be to pull the cover back off and make sure my connection is good, although I'm pretty sure it was. Can I boot it back up with the back cover off to save myself from taking it off again if in fact the drive is doa?

6. YoNadz thread starter macrumors regular

7. YoNadz thread starter macrumors regular

OMG.....it worked!!!! The hard drive showed up and is restoring now. Thank you guys SOOOO much. Without guys like u us rookies would be lost. Thanks again!!!

8. ikos macrumors regular