Help Requested for Macbook Keyboard Flaws/Problems

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by oliviermomma, Jan 4, 2010.

1. oliviermomma macrumors newbie

I've had my MacBook for around two years now and i'm known for being extremely careful with it...

However, a couple of days ago it started acting extremely strange:
    -When i press the space bar the Caps Lock key is automatically activated and thus when i press space again Caps Lock turns off
    This leads to if i would be typing normally it to look like this e.g.: "my MACBOOK is ACTING weird"
    -Furthermore when i press "p", this occurs: p/
    and vise-versa when i press "/", this occurs: p/

As you can understand it is impossible for me to continue my school work or other typing on my macbook as it takes me about twice the amount of time to finish something without spazzy writing.

I would GREATLY appreciate some advise or help

Regards,
    Oliver Momma

2. kehauli macrumors newbie

clean?

I ran into that problem a few months ago, but I tried many things. In the end I had to replace the keyboard.

Has moisture gotten into the keyboard? My keys were sticking, and also coming up as characters or other keys that I did not even type. I had wiped down my keyboard, and closed the laptop which allowed the moisture to seep in.

Have you tried to remove the battery? You can use compressed air to remove any debris that may be causing the malfunction. Do this after removing battery and replace and boot.

I opted to buy the keyboard and replace it myself, but if you're not keen on that, I suggest you take it in for repair.

Hope that helps a little!

3. Bobjob186 macrumors 6502

does this occur in a specific application or is it OS wide?

4. oliviermomma thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot for the tips!
    IM still open to any other advise if anyone has any !!!
    Bobjob186, the keyboard acts this way on always :mad:

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Do you have applecare with the laptop? If so, I'd not beat around the bush and call apple or visit your local apple store to have them look at it. Since it appears that its not working properly have them fix it.