Help Required! ~ 3GS stuck in safe mode

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by CaliGoodies, Jul 13, 2011.

1. CaliGoodies macrumors newbie

Ok, so I did a bit of reading first to see if I could find a resolution to my problem but no one had the exact same issue.

Here it is:

I have a 3GS Version 4.3.2, Firmware 05.16.02, I jailbroke it with Red Sn0w. I backed it up in itunes before I took the plunge. It started to get slow and would often go into safe mode when I installed a cydia app but nothing a reset or shut off wouldn't fix. So yesterday I went into Cydia and made the mistake of updating the 7-8 changes it had waiting. I don't recall which ones but now I am stuck in safe mode. Shut off and reset do nothing. itunes will not recognize it, I get the 0xE80000065 error.

I want to just restore it and upgrade to 4.3.3 and re-jail break. How do I do this?

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers :)

2. CaliGoodies thread starter macrumors newbie

Also...

I would like to back up my iphone as it currently is so I don't lose any contacts etc I have gained since my inital back up before the break. How do I do this?

I read about DFU mode will this solve my problem once I get it backed up? By putting it into DFU mode will it allow me to restore it from my back up and upgrade?

3. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

If you iPhone is in safe mode you should be able to use the phone normally. If that is the case, just go into Cydia and uninstall all your tweaks and apps and you should be fine.

However, if you're confusing safe mode with recovery mode, you should try RecBoot or TinyUmbrella to kick it out.

If you put your iPhone in DFU mode you will be able to do nothing with it except restore it.

4. CaliGoodies thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey, thanks for replying.

No, its stuck in safe mode, it says so at the top of the screen.

The problem is I don't know what cydia updates and tweaks were installed on the update, there was like 7 or 8, so I tried going into a few I remembered but it doesn't give you a modified or updated date. I don't want to have to uninstall everything.

My phone has been running like garbage lately and some apps like facebook just crash everytime I try to use them so I was going to upgrade to 4.3.3. before the safe mode issue and re jail break. Right now I just want to create a back up of my contacts some other way b/c itunes won't recognize my phone and restore from the back up I have. I tried gmail but it only syncs calender and mail not contacts.

Guess I'll just keep reading.....

5. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

There are various apps on Cydia that allow you to backup your jailbreak apps. Do that and then uninstall everything you have installed in Cydia manually.

Your phone should exit safe mode upon installing the conflicting packages. You can either re-install the working ones manually or install them from the backup.

6. MR.FULLMOON macrumors newbie

MR.FULLMOON

Hey guy's!
    Well, here I got the same problrm 'In the Safe mode'.:eek:
    that was occurred directly after I install "Mywi 4.0" from the source: heaveniphone.com .

I fixed this by simply uninstall it! :cool:

My best regards from Saudi Arabia! :)