Help required for broken iPhone screen

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by CoryWallace, May 4, 2012.

1. CoryWallace macrumors newbie

My iPhone screen is cracked pretty badly, but it has never been an issue until now. I can deal with the cracks in it, because it still worked for everything I needed; but now, I can't do anything with the touch screen.

Last night, I dropped my iPhone and now the touch screen will not work. The power and home button still work, but I cannot slide the slider or do anything that involves the touch screen, including turning it off. I already rebooted it, but that did nothing to help the problem.

I guess what I'm asking is, is there anything I can do to fix this problem? Would getting my screen replaced fix the problem?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks for taking the time to read my problem.

2. kmichael500 macrumors newbie

Try reseting it. While the iPhone is on hold down the power and home button at the same time until it turns off. Once you see the apple log, you can let go of the buttons. If that doesn't work try restoring it in iTunes.

If that doesn't work, you probably have broken it...You could take it in to a iPhone repair shop. It would probably cost you about $100 to fix.

3. kmichael500 macrumors newbie

Don't take it into apple though (as it will cost you $200 Dollars)...the price you paid :(

4. braxton34 macrumors member

it's possible the drop caused the ribbon cable for the digitizer to come loose.
    Open the phone and reseat it and see if it helps...

5. kmichael500 macrumors newbie

Yes it is possible. But I doubt the guy wants to take apart his iPhone.... :eek: