Help! Restart / Shutdown Issue

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by Jai84, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Jai84 macrumors newbie

Good evening!

I have frequented the MacRumors for years - but was never a member, and would like to first start by thanking many of the contributors to this forum for the great tips that have been posted throughout the passed 3 years.

Now, I somehow download some type of Adware or Malaware via an application known as "Burn" a couple weeks back on my 2012 Macbook Pro which is currently running OS X 10.8.5. After doing research, the app was supposed to allow me to burn dvds with IMovie since my mac did not come with IDVD.

After it was accidentally installed, the app reset my safari homage and was redirecting my google searches. I have looked at several video tutorials and seem have neutralized these occurrences but cannot get rid of the following message that appears whenever I restart or shutdown my mac. See image below.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this? Does anyone know a way to remove this or to find out how it can be uninstalled? I have been trying for days with no success. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Fishrrman macrumors G5

Fishrrman