iPhone Help: Restore iPhone 4 to 5.1.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iphone3gnj, Sep 21, 2012.

1. iphone3gnj macrumors member

Hello,

I have my SHSH blobs saved to my computer. I'm currently running 5.1.1 and want to clean restore to 5.1.1. I've tried the following methods and have had errors.

1. Tiny Umbrella - ran tss server and it looked like it was going to restore but then got error 11
    2. RedSn0w - can't restore to a non-A5 chip so used the stitch method with the SHSH blobs; had phone in DFU mode and got error 1600

I'm stuck on what to do. If anyone can provide any help, I would much appreciate it.

2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

1 TU is not used to restore anymore, just to save SHSH
    2 1600 error might indicate problems with your host file, make sure it is pointing to apple and not cydia, type gs.apple.com in your browser, it should take you to apple

Make sure you have full SHSH/APticket, go into redsn0w Extras/SHSH blobs/verify

3. iphone3gnj thread starter macrumors member

I had to download the SHSH blobs from Cydia using Tiny Umbrella. There is no blocking of gs.apple.com. I tried to do the install on a Windows virtual machine and had the same error 1600 show up. I pulled the blobs from Cydia. I verified them, and they have the full APticket. What could be giving me this error, and how can I get around it?

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

You have to stitch the hash and APTicket to the IPSW

5. iphone3gnj thread starter macrumors member

I used RedSn0w to do the stitching. I didn't see any option other than choosing the SHSH blob. So how would I do what you are proposing?

6. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

The APTicket file is stitched with the hash file

7. iphone3gnj thread starter macrumors member

That's what I have been doing using RedSn0W

8. iphone3gnj thread starter macrumors member

So I looked around the internet and got it to work. I had to use RedSn0w to put the phone into pwned dfu mode. That got 5.1.1 to install. There was a problem at the end where I got the error -1. The next thing I saw was the picture of intunes and the usb cord. I searched on how to get out of pwned dfu mode with no luck. So I decided to go back into RedSn0w and found the recovery fix option. The got my phone out of dfu mode, and it rebooted to 5.1.1. I hope this helps someone else.

9. IMADV8 macrumors member

It helped me. Thanks.