[Help] Restore iPhone 4 to original state

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by desiprince1212, Dec 27, 2010.

1. desiprince1212 macrumors member

Hey everyone!

I know this is a very stupid question and the answer is obviously to restore in iTunes but I wanted to clarify..

It is an iPhone 4 (4.0.1) jailbroken with Jailbreakme.com and unlocked with Ultrasn0w. The person who wants to buy it wants it locked, which is the proper way to restore with the ability to possibility to jailbreak/unlock in the future?

Thanks for taking the time to answer this question even it's really standard and simple, I just wanted to make sure before doing anything. Thanks again!

2. Leet Apple macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Erase all media and settings then restore to 4.0.1

3. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

That's if he has 4.0.1 SHSH files saved. Otherwise, the OP would be force to restore to 4.2.1 which would upgrade the baseband to a non unlockable 3.10 baseband.

To OP, do you have SHSH files saved? If no, you only option is restore with a custom 4.2.1 firmware file (one that keeps your current baseband).

4. desiprince1212 thread starter macrumors member

Nah, I don't care for the baseband. I feel sooner or later Dev-Team will release an unlock. My only concern is the ability to jailbreak in the future. So I should just update to 4.2.1 by simply pressing the "Restore" button in iTunes?

Thanks

5. labman, Dec 28, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2010

labman macrumors 604

labman

restore as new then add contacts' photo etc. anything else might leave some traces of the jailbreak. of course the sticky up top would have told you that.. ;)