Help restoring from back up

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hollywood334, May 19, 2015.

1. hollywood334 macrumors newbie

I am having trouble restoring my phone from a backup. I purchased a 64GB ip6+ off eBay in Oct. I absolutely loved the phone. 2 weeks ago I was cutting grass and lets just say Lifeproof cases are great but not mower proof. My phone was wasn't currently backup, but i was only a month behind. I purchased a new 128 ip6+ off eBay and got it in yesterday. I can't remember what iOS the old iPhone was running, but the new one is running 8.3, I think. When I try to restore from a backup, it goes through the entire time and then at the very end tells me that backup is corrupt or not compatible with iPhone being restored. Is there anyway around this or a way to get all my info back on my new phone? I have all my contacts and apps, I would just love to get my pictures, messages, and notes. I am running the newest itunes and running OSX 10.10.3 also. I have tried resetting my phone, resetting the MB Pro, and all. Can anyone help me?

2. smokescreen220 macrumors regular

smokescreen220

If your back up is corrupted you may be out of luck :(
    Do you have a backup in the cloud?

3. Howard Ellacott macrumors member

Howard Ellacott

Have you checked that there aren't any old backups in iTunes? Might be able to save something, also have a look in ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/

The notes and pictures might be on your computer anyway, have you checked the notes app and the photo stream in the photos app? Might help :)