help restoring iphoto app w/o disc

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NovemberWhiskey, May 8, 2011.

1. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

to save space on my ssd, i removed iphoto. I now want the app back, but do not have an optical drive nor an external drive to use to install with the disc.

I do however have everything backed up on an external hdd with time machine.

I tried dragging and dropping the app, which works, but I cannot open it. Some error dialogue comes up saying

"iphoto cannot be opened because of a problem. Check with the developer to make sure iphoto works with this version of max osx. You may need to reinstall the application. Be sure to install any available updates for the application and mac osx."

Any ideas on how I can make this work?

2. NovemberWhiskey thread starter macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

Got it to work. I was missing a file in: system/library/privateframework/iphotoaccess.framework

I just copied and pasted my old file in place, and iphoto started up

However:

I noticed that the slideshow function does not work. When I click it, it will fade the screen black as if starting a slideshow, but it will fadeback to normal within 1 second.

Any help?

3. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

I can't really help you but thought I'd mention this in case all else fails. iPhoto is available on the App Store so you could just download it, no disc necessary. Of course that would mean buying it but its not overly expensive at $14.99.

4. discounteggroll macrumors 6502

discounteggroll

Great call, I forgot all about that

5. Alexjones macrumors 6502

Im not crazy about the new iphoto. You cant view in full screen without that pesky adjustment menu being there. Is there someway to fix this?