iPad [HELP] RESTORING - Maybe I did a stupid thing

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by animalcooler, Apr 14, 2012.

1. animalcooler macrumors newbie

I have a Ipad 2 - 5.01 jailbroken.
    I was trying to restore to original 5.01 with the ipad restore (erase all data)

Now, the Ipad is on a black screen for 3 hours, with a loading icon in progress.

Please, what I can do for that issue?

[despair]

I did the following: Settings / Reset / Erase All Content and Settings

Now, Ipad is all black with only the small ball icon of loading.

I´ve killed the Ipad...

2. oli356 macrumors 6502

Tried just plugging it into iTunes and doing a restore? Might need to go into DFU/Recovery mode.. I never remember which one is which!

What I've learnt after 'breaking' my jailbroken devices is that there is always a fix. It might take a lot of time though and sometimes another computer :p

3. gigaguy, Apr 14, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2012

gigaguy macrumors 65816

I don't think there is any trick to go back to before. and No you didn't kill your ipad, but you did kill your jailbreak, you are now forced to restore and upgrade to 5.1. hold both buttons and force it in to DFU mode . itunes will see it needs to restore and will restore it. which means it will be updated to 5.1.

I hate so many of these jailbreak sites that do not tell you basic things. Never try to do the onscreen erase resets on jb ipad, it will lock it up.
    also, you couldn't restore 5.01 in any way, what you were trying to start with. all you could have done is manually delete your media and settings. you can not do it thru the default ways on a old firmware jailbreak. any of those methods forces itunes intervention which restores to the current firmware (5.1) now.
    your ipad can be happy again, on 5.1, just not free from jail.

4. animalcooler thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot!

It´s working, I think.

ALL WEBSITES and YOUTUBE VIDEOS I´ve looked for teach to restoring a JB Ipad with onscreen erase. They´re a all wrong.

----------

After 5.1 installed, downgrading is not possible?

5. animalcooler thread starter macrumors newbie

6. oli356 macrumors 6502

As far as I'm aware Apple have changed the way the SHSH blobs work you can get from jailbreaking. And Apple stops signing for previous iOS versions a few days after a new one is released.
    So I think, no (you cant downgrade)

7. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Depends on the iPad2 version

With blobs for 4.3.3 the ipad2 wifi only can be dowgraded to 4.3.3
    Withnblobs for 4.3.3 the iPad2 GSM can be downgraded to 4.3.3 with TinyPwn
    iPad2 CDMA cannot dowgrade

Downgrade to 5.01 is not possible at the moment.

8. gigaguy macrumors 65816

Does 'it's working' mean it;s on 5.1? that's what I assume. but If you were able to keep it on 5.0.1 I'd like to know how you did it.