Help, return iPhone 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphone4wanter, Jun 9, 2010.

1. iphone4wanter macrumors member

Hi, I bought an iPhone 3GS last week and I didn't know that the new one woudl be coming out :( I ported my number and everything. My number is very importaint because it has to do with all of my bussiness contacts. I want to exchange it for the iPhone 4 when it comes out, but it was told by 1800MyApple that i had to mail it back to only return. Then I called back to make sure and the next person told me that I could exchange it in store when the new one comes out. I called my local store and said that it was not possible and to try calling AT&T. AT&T said there was no way of holding my number for a day. What can I do? Should I still try exchanging it at the store? What are my options besides returning it?
    Thank You!

2. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

It'll be within 30 days of purchase. Just exchange in store.

3. iphone4wanter thread starter macrumors member

When I called my local store someone told me that since I ordered online it was "a different inventory system" and they needed a store receipt with a barcode?!?!
    Is it possible to exchange it in the store even though I ordered it online?

4. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/legal/return-policy.jsp

5. iphone4wanter thread starter macrumors member

Are you sure this would still apply since I ordered it though Apples website?
    EDIT: Maby I didn't make it clear. SORRY! I meant that I ordered it through Apple.com and trying to return it at an Apple Store.

6. monksealpup macrumors regular

Why do people use these forums as their own personal outsourcing engine for research? Presumably these people are aware of Google.

I tried Googling the above question, but I couldn't find an acceptable answer :(

7. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins