Help! rMBP standard warranty/AppleCare international coverage

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by djv1967, Mar 11, 2013.

1. djv1967 macrumors newbie

I am buying an early 2013 rMBP 15" BTO from the US, but my residence is in Europe, Greece (due to huge price difference & long waiting time). Although it is not necessary to buy the extended AppleCare service yet (1 year to decide) I am not sure where should this be purchased, if needed. I searched in the internet, forums, Apple, etc. and there is a lot of confusion regarding (std & extended) warranty coverage & place of purchase/residence.
    I want to be 100% sure before purchasing that I will have full warranty coverage in my country.
    So does anybody have a clear answer to the following questions:

1. If the purchase is from the US, can I register the product on my Greek address?

2. Is the standard 1-year Apple warranty and the 3-year AppleCare valid worldwide?

3. Does it make any difference if I buy AppleCare from the US, Greece, or even eBay?

Thanks

2. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. No - I would stay away from eBay unless the seller has detailed feedback with selling AppleCare - If you can purchase while in the US - get it from B&H Video for $244 free shipping no tax - from Apple it will cost nearly $400 with tax.