Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tsg20

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
So, since updating to 1.1.1, I'm having a lot of trouble with Safari. I hadn't previously modified my phone in any way, and I've restored the phone since the problem started, but it hasn't helped. If I start Safari from the home screen, it opens normally, but then nothing happens - I can't click on anything, and usually the phone needs to be rebooted. If I start it by clicking on a link from an email, it opens the page, and I can click through to other pages, but as soon as I try to go to the titlebar to type in a URL, or open a new tab, or open my bookmarks, it locks up again; occasionally it eventually quits, but usually I have to reboot. Obviously this isn't very useable - does anyone have any ideas?

tsg20

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
Fingers crossed, I just solved this - I remembered that the one weird thing I had was a folder of filemarked PDF bookmarks. So, I deleted that folder in Safari on my Mac, resynced, and all is working again...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.