Help!!! (Safari can't find the server)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cheskiz, Mar 1, 2008.

1. cheskiz macrumors member

I try to log on to safari after connecting to my wifi but it just say this when i wanna upload the pages, Safari cant open the page because it cant find the server.

2. cheskiz thread starter macrumors member

Anyone help, this is really driving me crazy!!!!!!

There is only so much i can do if i cannot connect to the web.

Can anyone tell me how does you all connect the touch to the web. I manage to hook on the wifi, is there a second step?

What server is the Safari refering to.

3. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

As I asked in your other thread 'Wifi Problem.'

Does you connection require a WEP encryption key (a 26 digit numerical password in order for your wifi router to accept a connection from your iPod touch)?

If so, this NEEDS to be input and confirmed, before Safari and more importantly, your router, will allow access from the iPod touch.

Also to note is if your router has MAC address filtering enabled, you will have to add the MAC address of the iPod touch to your router setup.

Finding the MAC address of your iPod touch:

1. Settings
    2. General
    3. About
    4. Scroll Down
    5. Number next to 'Wi-Fi Address'

R-Fly

4. cheskiz thread starter macrumors member

Yes, i have heed your advice in the other thread but it cant work and its driving me crazy.

Where do i find WEP key, if i didnt remember wrongly, its at the router right?

However, at my router i cant find WEP encryption code. So does that mean my network dont have a WEP code?

And how do i check with mine is WEP , WPA ,WPA2

5. JAT macrumors 603

Is this YOUR router? Because then you should know if it is encrypted with any of those. Here's my advice, add WPA protection to the router, then to all your computers, ipods, whatever. You will be happier and the gods will smile on you.

If this isn't the answer, try looking in your Touch's wireless settings at the Router and DNS fields. Delete whatever is in the DNS field, and take whatever is in the Router field, type it into the DNS field. See if that helps.

6. cheskiz thread starter macrumors member

I blew off my internet connection yesterday trying to change the settings.

Yes, Hi JAT,

Mind teach me how to add WPA in?

And yes, there is WEP to the router. But where do i key the WEP in the ipod wifi settings.

O yes, and my WEP is abit special, 10 digit instead of 22.

And for my router it actually connect it to the phone and the internet. Its known as the mio plan, thats to say if this router is down. So is the phone system.

7. JAT macrumors 603

Well, my assumption would be that it has both WEP and WPA available in the router. But that would depend on its age. You should be able to dial into the router, usually best from a wired computer, and set it how you like. The address is usually 192.168.0.1, you just type it into your web browser on the computer. But you'd have to refer to the instructions to be sure.

When you try to access a locked network from the Touch, it should ask for a password. That's where you'd type in your 10 digit WEP code. It's been several weeks since I did this, so I don't recall the precise look of the screen.