Help! Safari Crashing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sactown, Jul 20, 2009.

1. sactown macrumors member

Every time I try to run Safari, I get the error "The application Safari quit unexpectedly." I am running the newest version of safari and have run software update. This began when trying to update java, because I was getting the same error with Java Web Start, but now I can run Safari. Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. Jabbamk1 macrumors member

Jabbamk1

Hve you tried un and re installing both Java and Safari.

3. celticpride678

Follow this from the Apple Support pages: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1594

One of these things solved my Safari quitting. Please keep in my Safari can crash on Flash because it is not optimized for Mac OS X Leopard (Blame Adobe:D). As the first poster said, try a update of Java and Flash or a reinstall of Flash Player. You can only update Java. Finally, as the Support Article states, pay close attention to Add-Ons in Safari (If you have any), as this may be a big issue. For example, my issue turned out to be the Safari Ad-Block add-on.

4. sactown thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the responses. I figured out that the problem was that I was installing an older version of Java, but my software update was not identifying the need for a newer version.