HELP! Safari Not Responding!

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by LudwigZildjian, Jan 20, 2016.

1. LudwigZildjian macrumors member

Hi everyone,
    this is in regards to my Late 2011 15.4" 2.2ghz quad-core i7 8GB RAM MBP running OSX Yosemite....
    I went to go on Safari and strangely it bounced for quite some time, no more than probably 20 seconds, but way more than usual. Usually it bounces 6 times or something like that.... Anyways, it didn't have a black dot under the app in the lower index on the screen, showing its active.
    Instead, I tried clicking it again and sat there for 2 seconds dull and then the color came back and sat there like I never clicked Safari. So, it showed not responding, and I force quit, but it won't actually quit.... It's just sitting here like an idiot not doing anything..... Won't restart, won't update, as I have the latest Safari and Security update available, won't do ****.... I'd prefer not to do a hard shut down, as I've done that in the past, because while using FCP X, somehow the cord became unplugged and the computer died while writing a file. I plugged it back in and started her up, and was bestowed some serious lag and spinning wheel, so I did a force shut down and either corrupted a file then, or when the computer died writing the file.... Idk....
    Anyways if anyone can help, I'd appreciate it! Again, Safari won't respond what so ever!

2. LudwigZildjian thread starter macrumors member

Took care of it.... I decided to take my chances and do a hard shut down.... It worked.....