HELP Safari question - "addons"

Discussion in 'macOS' started by geek-inthe-pink, Apr 7, 2008.

1. geek-inthe-pink macrumors member

geek-inthe-pink

Hi, um, I just moved to my '08 macbook from Windows Vista (shudder, shudder) less than 30 days ago.

Okay. So, I was browsing around the internet, looking for ways to block ads, and I saw a nifty lookin' app called SafariBlock. It looked nice, so I downloaded and installed it. I'm using Leopard;) and found another app on pimpmysafari that did the exact same thing, and more (give or take). It turned out to be to Safari Adblock. SafariAdblock looked more updated and better developed, so I downloaded it, and it works much better (with safariblock disabled - safari got sluggish with both of them on).

So, I want to uninstall SafariBlock. Any ideas? There is no uninstall option in Safari'/Safariblock's pref pane, and it's not in my applications folder, otherwise I would have used uApp to do it. I used a spotlight search of my system, can't find a thing. I think you guys could definitely help out, since I'm a newbie:)

Thanks in advance,
    - geek-inthe-pink

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

From their Read Me:

• Remove the SafariBlock folder from the InputManagers folder.
    • Restart Safari.

3. TH-Gunner macrumors regular

SafariBlock owns; it can use Firefox's Ad-Block's subscription filter lists now. That = total ownage.

4. Wobber macrumors newbie

SafariBlock dead / not working under Snow Leopard 10.6.1

I don't know what this thing owns, but it doesn't own anything on my machine because it simply is NOT working under Snow Leopard. And there has been no word from the developer on any further development.

This thing is dead. I'm off to Safari AdBlock.

5. Ashka macrumors 6502a

Ashka

Snow Leopard:
    To use Safari AdBlock you will have to run Safari in 32 bit mode, it will not work with Safari 64 bit. All Input managers are the same..

Get info on the Safari app in Finger and change to 32 bit there.
    List of Compatible & Incompatible Apps for Snow Leopard below.

http://snowleopard.wikidot.com/