Help! Safari suddenly stopped zooming images!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by motulist, Jan 27, 2012.

1. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

a couple of days ago, safari suddenly stopped zooming images when I zoom in or out of pages, now it only zooms the text while the images stay the same size. This is a big problem for me because I use the page zoom in and out feature all the time.

The only thing I can think of that happened around the time when the problem started was that I had a kernel panic, and I may or may not have updated to a newer version of safari (I forget if I did or didn't for certain though).

Help!

Attached Files:

2. chown33 macrumors 604

What version of Safari do you have now?

Open Safari's View menu. Do you see the Zoom In and Zoom Out menu items? Do you also see a Zoom Text Only menu item? What are the command-key shortcuts for each?

3. motulist thread starter macrumors 601

motulist

The view zoom items are there with the standard apple-plus and apple-minus shortcuts listed. When I hit those buttons it zooms the text up and down properly, but it doesn't zoom the images, and that's a big problem.

Weirdly, if I open a picture alone in a window (meaning if the URL field says "http://www.whatever.com/picture.jpg") then in that case the apple-plus and minus commands WILL zoom the picture up and down.

safari 5.1.2
    os 10.6.8