HELP screen keeps blacking out!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MacUser411, Sep 9, 2012.

1. MacUser411 macrumors newbie

I bought my MacBook Pro at the beginning of July 2011, and so far I've had minimal problems with it. A few days after I got it, though, the screen wouldn't get back to normal after I opened my laptop. I called and they told me a process to use before I start my Mac because there was apparently a small problem with the LCD wires or something like that. After that, I had no issues with it.
    Until now. Today, the screen would black out every few minutes, but not just the screen. If I was playing music, the music would stop until the screen got back to normal.
    I don't have the money to fix it professionally and my warranty has expired! What can I do?!

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

First, I'm not really sure why you didn't have it fixed when the problem started. If my laptop was exhibiting strange behavior, and the solution was a work around because something was wrong with the wires, I'd be asking them to fix the problem with the wires.

Second, when the screen goes black does the white sleep indicator light on the front turn on? If so, are you using any kind of magnetic cover or case?