HELP! Screen not waking with notifications or calls.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by rdunlap, Sep 27, 2016.

1. rdunlap macrumors regular

I have an Apple Watch S0 and when text notifications or calls come in I'm getting the sound and haptic feedback but the notifications aren't waking the screen and displaying. I have to tap the screen in order to view the notification or answer or decline a call coming in. Not sure why this is happening but I'd like to know if anyone knows the fix for this. I made sure all the notification settings were on custom and enabled them all and still nothing. Again, the sound and haptic work but the screen isn't displaying anything until I tap it. Any help would be much appreciated!

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

It doesn't automatically turn on the screen. You need to have Wake Screen on Wrist Raise cut on and rase your wrist to look (or tap).

3. rdunlap thread starter macrumors regular

Really? You need to have the Wake on Raise feature on to see the notifications pop up? I turned that feature off to save battery life. I didn't know you needed it on to have the notifications display on the screen. That's kind of disappointing.

Thanks for the reply.

4. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

So you want to save battery but also want the screen coming on every time a notification comes in?????? Saving battery is the reason it doesn't just come on when you are not looking at a notification.

5. Nozuka macrumors 68000

Isn't it annoying to have to tap the screen everytime you just want to know the time?

6. rdunlap thread starter macrumors regular

It can be but with the field that I'm in the Apple Watch is falsely triggered over and over again throughout the day resulting in decreased battery life. I'm trying to play around with some different settings to get the most out of my battery.

7. Nozuka macrumors 68000

Ah i see. So basically a "raise to wake only active 1 minute after a notification" or something like that would be the perfect solution for you.

I don't think there currently is a solution for your specific problem. But you could always try and send some feedback to apple.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/watch.html