Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chillined1212

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 16, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

My screen on my MacBook is busted, this happens today. I want to use the Mac untill I can get it fixed, so I pluged it in to an external display. The other display is stuck in non mirror display, and I cannot see anything on the other to change it. Is there some command on the keyboard or something to reset it to mirror display again so I can see. Please please help

GelleCC

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2008
Seattle, WA
Did a google search and it looks like pressing f7 might work? It looks like it's working on a powerbook g4 (according to a different forum I found using google - I'll post the link at the end). If that doesn't work, you can always try to guess where "system pref" is on your dock (or command + spacebar and type "system preferences" to open it). Then guess where the window is on your cracked screen and drag it over to the external monitor. Once you have the window there, you can go to display settings and check "mirror".

Good luck!

http://macosx.com/forums/hardware-p...uminum-pb-doesnt-mirror-external-monitor.html

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.