Help - screen won't turn on after LCD repair

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dimitryk, Aug 22, 2010.

1. dimitryk macrumors newbie

I swaped out my dead pixel LCD with an after market LCD. I did everything perfectly, according to the instructions, but now my screen doesn't not show anything. My screen is black...

The phone still has power, the vibrate toggle switch works, and iTunes recognizes it, but the screen does not turn on... What should I do?

2. Transblam32 macrumors newbie

You might have bought a faulty LCD or the connector 1 is not working properly. The repair on the connector is a tough sauntering job. Not really sure on the exact problem. If you are looking to sell the phone e-mail me at tgk_32@yahoo.com and let me know what type of phone...3g..3gs. and the size of the phone with a price if thats something you are interested in.

3. crawfish963 macrumors 6502

crawfish963

You either got a defective LCD or there is an issue with the install. Not sure what your level of skill is on these kinds of things. You might contact the seller you got the screen from and see if an exchange is possible.