HELP screensaver keeps flashing on B/W g3...

ijimk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 17, 2004
Here
Ok so i have OS X tiger on a B/W G3 and everytime the screensaver trys to come on it starts to flash. It looks like it is trying to start the screensaver then the screen goes black. When i change the screensaver it works fine with the new one. Any ideas on what could be causing this??? :confused:

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
which screensaver are you trying to run? if it's only a certain one, it's probably not supported by your video card.

ijimk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 17, 2004
Here
it is any of them and i had panther installed prior to tiger and they all worked fine. now the problem occurs the first time any screensaver is started after a fresh reboot. once it is changed th problem seems to go away but this never happened with panther. :confused:

Krazykrl

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2005
May not be related, but I have heard of some quirky things happening in Tiger if when you upgraded from Panther, you chose to 'Upgrade' instead of 'Archive and install'.

Do you remember these options?

ijimk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 17, 2004
Here
Krazykrl said:
May not be related, but I have heard of some quirky things happening in Tiger if when you upgraded from Panther, you chose to 'Upgrade' instead of 'Archive and install'.

Do you remember these options?
I did archive install on it...

Krazykrl

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2005
Try running a repair disk permissions. This fixes alot of silly things sometimes.

ijimk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 17, 2004
Here
Krazykrl said:
Try running a repair disk permissions. This fixes alot of silly things sometimes.
tried that even tried using OnyX too...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.