Help..searched for 11 hours straight cant find nothing

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by d-rock45133, Aug 11, 2011.

1. d-rock45133 macrumors newbie

My problem is I have a iphone 3g and was in the middle of jailbreaking

(I have jailbroken 4 of my iphones and a bunch of others for friends so I knew what I was doing)

Well I was using sn0wbreeze 2.2 got the custom firmware and as it was installing my laptop died

(had it plugged it but my dog chewed up my cord when I wasn't looking gotta love furry creatures lol):mad:

turned laptop back on and everything was closed out so I tried Sn0wbreeze again and computer ins't recognizing iPhone neither is Itunes went to turn on Iphone hoping it would be a simple fix and it is stuck in recovery tried tiny umbrella to exit recovery and that is not finding iPhone either. I have Googled for over 11 hours literally cause I hate opening threads that is already answered and cant find nothing.:confused:

If anyone can help me please do. I have trying to figure this out since 11 o' clock p.m. last night tying to fix it and it is now 10:16 a.m.:confused:

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Restore it in dfu mode first and then try the JB after.

3. d-rock45133 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have tried that but I cant get into dfu mode and my computer doesnt reconize my iPhone I went into device manager and my iPhone is listed as unknown device.
    Then I tried what apple help said which was: right click update device driver click have disk then go to somthing like C://programfiles/common/?/?/deviceupdater or something like that then came up with an error found device software windows encountered a problem: device would not turn on.

4. d-rock45133 thread starter macrumors newbie

Is there anyone else that can help me??
    Please

5. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

learn to do DFU Mode; might have to try a couple of times before you get it...
    http://www.iclarified.com

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, keep trying till you get it in DFU.
    Its tricky and might take plenty of tries.

7. d-rock45133 thread starter macrumors newbie

it hasnt let me do dfu mode so far but will keep trying if anything changes will let you know thank you for the help though

8. kre62 macrumors 68000

1) Hold power and home till the screen flashes (phone restarts)
    2) keep holding for 5 more seconds
    3) release power only, continuing to hold home.

Thats it. First time you do this, iTunes will install drivers on your computer.

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

All iphones go into DFU mode unless there's a hardware issue with them. In that case you're SOL.

10. msgkar03 macrumors newbie

maybe try grabbing redsnow and using it to "pwned" DFU Mode your iPhone? or using tiny umbrella or reboot to get your device in/out of DFU?

11. jahoys macrumors regular

dev-team

head on over to the dev-team blog: http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

the mods and regulars there will fix you up right as rain mate.

12. d-rock45133 thread starter macrumors newbie

well everyone was right finnally got my phone into dfu mode and jailbroke using 4.2.1 firmware phone is really awesome in my opinion best firmware they have came out with but here is a really big issue i am having with it. I cant get it to charge for nothing not from my computer or from a wall charger when I hook it up to my computer using windows 7 btw it says usb cannot recognize driver and then fails to install drivers so iphone is now called unknown device so I went in tryed to install drivers manually and for some reason the drivers found is called ipod when I try to install manually well i tried to do that and it then says windows encountered a problem:devicce wouldnt start but my Iphone is truned on and everything works on it but that can anyone please help I have ran out of ideas