Help! Seidio Innocase II vs. Incase Slider

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by impreza98, Jan 10, 2009.

1. impreza98 macrumors member

Hey guys, I'm about the purchase an iPhone. I'm looking for a thin case that doesn't scratch or take away from the look of the iPhone. So far I've found two cases I really like, and I am having trouble deciding which one to purchase. I guess I'm just looking for advice, links, or first hand experience regarding the two cases.

The first case I'm interested in the incase slider, as I love the look of it. However, i've heard some mixed reviews saying that it causes scratches on the back of the iphone. Is this the case?

I also like the seidio case, of which I haven't heard any bad reviews. I would probably get some sort of film protecter to cover the unprotected apple logo, though. Do you think this case would be better?

Any other iPhone cases I should look into? Thanks again.

2. scott99 macrumors 6502a

All I can do, is tell you about the Seidio (I don't have the Incase Slider). The Seidio is very thin, elegant, looks good, feels good, and offers good protection, except for the screen. I bought the holster for it, and it is without adoubt, the best holster ever made for the iPhone, and I've had many.

I must admit though, I've now gone to the Ivyskin Quattro T2, which looks and feels a lot like the Seidio, though it is thicker and adds integrated screen protection, in the form of a connected glass screen (which works great in my opinion). It does have some cons, which have been discussed in several other threads, ie: paint chipping (which has happened to me), rainbow effect on the screen (which I have yet to see), etc.

If the Seidio had integrated screen protection like the Ivyskin, it would be my everyday case, no ifs, ands or buts, I love that case. But I love protecting my screen more.

3. Italchef macrumors 6502

I just received the Innocase and I really like this. It reminds me a lot of the iFrogz Luxe but differs slightly. This case covers the bezel completely where as the iFrogz leaves it exposed. The Seidio also has a cut out in the back for the apple logo. I like the look of this but to avoid scratches to the exposed logo I've cut out a square from a shield I received with one of my Switcheasy cases and put it on top. Voila! I really like the Innocase.

Mick

4. mcmanus7 macrumors 6502a

I really like the seidio myself... I own two of them.. different colors...

I've tried out numerous cases and this is THE case for me...

As comparing it to the incase slider... it really depends on what you're looking for... The only real differences between the two cases are.. the following.

1. The seidio is thinner and exposes the apple logo on the back

2. the inside liners of these cases are drastically different... seidio has a felt liner that protects the back of the phone while the incase slider has two rubber peices that rest on the back of the phone

5. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

Like mcmanus7, I really like the Seidio Innocase II the best. I like the fact that it is more compact and I like the feel better. I also like the felt liner. The iPhone slides into the case very smoothly...

S-

6. pro3g macrumors member

I have the seidio innocase II also and I have tried a few cases and this is the best on by far. It looks great, its really thing shows off the apple logo, and protects the chrome. I was using the switcheasy caplse rebel for a while, it is a really cool cast and looks great. It has good protection also only bad part about that case is it doesnt cover the chrome good. If you are gong for a new case get the seidio its great!

7. bassproguy07 macrumors 6502a

bassproguy07

just bought a gunmetal slider and it is amazing! looks aweome, feels awesome, adds minimal bulk, and just has an all around great feel. I can not say it is better than the innocase because I haven't used one of those yet but I can say i like this one. Now the Incase is a little pricey for what you get, just a case, at 34.95 plus tax. But if you want something that looks cool, and has minimal bulk get the incase!

8. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

The Seidio Innocase II is cheaper, looks cooler, has less bulk, and is easier on the iPhone than the Incase Slider. That's why I have a Seidio Innocase II instead of the Incase Slider.

YMMV,

S-

9. Dakotafan macrumors 6502

I've had them both and the slider is much better imo...there's no a better looking case out there...I have gun metal and metallic red

10. bassproguy07 macrumors 6502a

bassproguy07

i'll stick to my incase after that video. I watched it a long time ago but now that ive seen what the other case is I will not buy one.

11. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Agreed, I have tried a ton, and still am back to my Matte black slider, though my gun metal is 2nd behind that.

12. yOyOYoo macrumors 6502a

yOyOYoo

Seidio Innocase is better in every way compared to the incase slider. This is, imo.

13. mcmanus7 macrumors 6502a

what's your reasoning for not getting a seidio?

I'm not saying the Incase Slider sucks.... I just prefer the seidio due to how much better it fits the phone... plus I really don't like the inside of the Incase slider... I would much rather have a soft felt on the back of my phone then 2 rubber rails...

Also to those who are worried about the Seidio scratching your apple logo... do as many have mentioned modify one of the free screen protectors that most cases come with and slap it on the back of the Phone.... I've had my replacement iPhone 3G in my seidio case EXCLUSIVELY for 3 months now.. the back of hte phone is absolutely mint.. there is not 1 single scratch

14. bassproguy07 macrumors 6502a

bassproguy07

i dont really like the look of the seidio, the whole hole in the back thing bothers me. I have not had any problems with fit, in my slider, and it just feels great in the hand. I haven't used a seidio so I couldnt say how i Like it but the slider is definately my number one case right now. I am still trying to get my hands on a switcheasy rebel or neo though haha!

15. scott99 macrumors 6502a

I have to agree, but that's just my preferance. I had the Slider for my 1st gen iPhone, and it's an excellent case, but I personally prefer the Seidio. I like the slimness, the feel, and just the overall look of the Seidio Innocase II better than the Incase Slider. I'm a big fan of the Seidio Holster that goes along with the Innocase II. I'm now rocking the Ivyskin Quattro T4 & Holster, due to the fact that the T4 has an integrated screen protector. If Seidio decided to do this, I'd be all over it. Ya hear that Seidio ?? lol.

16. THE JUICEMAN macrumors 68000

THE JUICEMAN

First of all let me start off by saying your doing the right thing by asking people about the cases on this forum. However, from my experience I have learned that you are going to need to try the cases for yourself. Nobody can tell you how YOUR going to like the case. With that being said, I have both cases and they are both great. I love the Seidio because of the thinner nature of it and the clip, but I don't like the Apple logo cut out anymore. I love the gunmetal slider I have because its different and does a good job with protection but it is a little bit thicker. Both are basically the same design so you should be deciding on if you like the Apple logo and thin factor. Or if you would rather have better colors but a thicker case. I know that was a lot but I hope that helps!

17. MrVegas macrumors regular

When the iPhone is in the Seidio Innocase, will it fit into a charging/line-out cradle?

Right now I am using an old iPod cradle at work, but the iPhone barely fits in there with no case on it.

I don't want to have to take my iPhone out of my Innocase (which I just ordered) in order to plug it into the cradle.

18. mcmanus7 macrumors 6502a

It most likely won't fit in the dock... it's thin but not that thin... it takes half a second to pop the bottom part off and dock the phone though....

19. C0SM0 macrumors member

I'm thinking about getting the Innocase, but I'm concerned with the soft-touch rubber coating on the case.

Have any of you Innocase users experienced any flaking or peeling with the coating? I've read that the matte black Incase Slider and some early Contour Hardskins were prone to peeling.

Also, how well does the case handle scratches? I've been using a Hardskin for a few months, and the back of the case is already scratched up (and I'm pretty careful with my iPhone...I haven't dropped it or anything).

Thanks in advance for your help :)

20. mcmanus7 macrumors 6502a

I've had my black innocase for 3 months now.... 0 issues with the finish... I've dropped my phone, put my phone in with my keys etc etc... and the case still looks brand new... there isn't even any signs of wear and I keep it in my pocket...

Should also note that my ash grey innocase also is not showing any signs of flaking/wear...

21. scott99 macrumors 6502a

Good question ! I have the Ivyskin Qattro T4, and i feels just like the Seidio Innocase II, but the paint seems to be peeling, chipping, etc. The Seidio, has never, ever peeled or chipped, and have had it 3 months longer.

22. C0SM0 macrumors member

Thanks for answering my questions. I've decided to give the Innocase a try. I'll most likely get the ash grey color.

Thanks again!

23. mcmanus7 macrumors 6502a

Ash grey is a good choice... I like my black one since it's very stealthy.... but the ash grey against the black of hte iPhone is a very nice combo!

24. Dakotafan macrumors 6502

if anyone is interested in a gun metal slider send me a pm