help selecting a good case for 2G iPod nano

Discussion in 'iPod' started by switchback27, Apr 5, 2007.

1. switchback27 macrumors newbie

So anyway, I bought myself a 2G iPod nano (4gb) and now must select a skin/case.

I've been browsing the sites, trying to find a good one, but really can't decide, so I'm asking the experts...the people.

The reason I'm so indecisive is because I want two prerequisites for my case.

1. A belt clip, preferably rotational
    2. Access to charger while in case (I'm lazy)

Any help from all of you will be greatly appreciated. Thanx

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I used to use the belkin folio (in black), wasnt too pleased with it, the top corners were exposed and actually lead to chipping of the top corners.

I then bought iSee Nano V2. Pretty pleased with it, got the clip that you require, some clickwheel protection. However i do not use this protection as i do not like the way it works. One down side is that the headphone port is too enclosed. I have a pretty normal sized headphone jack and it took real force to get the headphones in first time. It took some of the rubber off the headphone jack. I use Koss KSC75s by the way.

I also bought the Marware Slyder. This product is woeful in my opinion. When you slide down the front the ipod also slips inside the case, this means you can no longer use the clickwheel. There are rough edges which are reasonably sharp.

3. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

I have the iSkin for the 2gen iPod nano. It comes with a plastic belt clip, but I haven't really used the clip enough (I only use my iPod when exercising and keep it in my pocket). I really like 2 layers: the silicon protection for the back and click wheel and the harder overlay portion for the screen.

4. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I thought about buying those, i can't seem to find a view of the back without the clip on it. If it is not too much trouble could you perhaps put one on here. If not does the case have holes in the back to attach the clip; how does the clip attach.

What colour options did you buy, what colour is your iPod. Does the colour of the case work well with the colour of your iPod.

5. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Here is a closer look at the clip mechanism. You place the middle piece into the silicon sleeve before you put it on your iPod. Then the clip piece on the left attaches to the two triangular pieces on the middle piece.

As you can see, I have the (product) RED iPod...and use the clear iSkin. I bought the kit with the white, clear and black (assuming that the black and white would be translucent like the other options, but they are opaque and look lame)...get one of the packs with the colors. I believe they also have a case which is similar to the iSkin, but uses a metallic cover on the front instead of the clear plastic one the iSkin has.

Attached Files:

6. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Thank you for that, i will go and pester the local apple store employees tomorrow.

7. robPOD macrumors 6502